1. Girlfriends randomly show up at your place with wine.
2. Spending hours in the bathtub makes you a step closer to being a mermaid.
3. You can flirt with strangers again.
4. Bring on the free drinks.
5. People tend to boost your confidence with endless compliments.
6. You can listen to T.Swift on repeat 24/7 and it’s perfectly healthy.
7. Margaritas tend to taste better when you’re single.
8. Post break-up weight loss is amazing.
9. You never have to listen to his annoying friends ever again.
10. You can finally drive without the annoyance of a passenger driver telling you how to drive.
11. You don’t have to worry about sharing anything anymore. It’s YOURS.
12. Mr. Darcy is there to comfort you.
13. Expanding your wardrobe after a breakup is the first step to recovery, and it works.
14. You no longer have to fake a smile around his boss.
15. You can dance how you want to without the worry of “embarrassing him.”
16. If you want to back-pack through Europe, YOU CAN DO IT.
17. If you want to move to a new city, YOU CAN DO IT.
18. If you want to eat your freaking weight in froyo, YOU CAN DO IT.
19. You can stop wearing his God-awful college colors during football season.
20. You save money cooking for one.
21. You don’t have to drive out of your way to go to his place anymore.
22. You can text back that guy friend who has always had a crush on you without feeling guilty.
23. You can go on that vacation you’ve been dreaming of.
24. You don’t want to shave your legs? You don’t have to!
25. If you want to cook super spicy food, you can.
26. You can watch HGTV instead of stupid Top Gear.
27. You no longer need to explain why you’re NOT mad.
28. You don’t have to justify why you want to hangout with the girls.
29. You want another round of drinks? Do it, no one judging you here.
30. You can play on Tinder… just to delete because men are creepy.
31. You can keep your AC at a comfortable 76 degrees.
32. You can control the clicker.
33. You can watch a season of the Bachelor in peace.
34. You will never have to hear “Why is the Bachelor episodes so long?”
35. Pinterest in peace.
36. You can finally speak your mind about him to your family.
37. You don’t have to defend him anymore when your friends say they don’t like him.
38. You can go to your own church, not his boring church.
39. You can have girly sleepovers.
40. No videogames.
41. You can sprawl. Wherever.
42. Margaritas at 9am? Won’t mind if I do.
43. You can get drunk and act ridiculously, and nobody questions your behavior: “…Oh she’s just going through a breakup”
44. You can text all your exes… just for fun.
45. N’sync and Backstreet Boys. Listen to them, just because you can.
46. Disney Movies? With no complaints. Sure.
47. A trip to Disney without hearing complaints. Even more appealing.
48. A trip to the beach without him worrying about his body. That’d be GREAT.
49. Finally a relaxing beach day.
50. You can wear Maxi dresses. All the Maxis you want. Because they are cute!
51. Oh he didn’t like you in very tall heels? Hello heels, I’ve missed you.
52. You can make plans after work without feeling like you have to consult someone first.
53. Girly Spotify station… ON.
54. You can finally wear the old jewelry that was prohibited because an ex may or may not have given it to you.
55. Exes shirts can come too.
56. You can bake a pie for dinner… Without anyone wondering where the rest of the meal is.
57. You can walk around in your underwear, without feeling like you’re prey.
58. You can tell a story now without SOMEONE trying to correct you.
59. Vent. Vent. Vent.
60. Stalk. You can drive by his house, and your friends do not even question how creepy you are.
61. Post cute pictures of yourself.
62. Post pictures of yourself with guys.
63. Post pictures of yourself having fun.
64. Hang out with his friends… without him.
65. You go to the gym… and actually want to go to the gym.
66. You want to look your best.
67. You actually want to blow-dry your hair in the morning, because HEY! You’re single!
68. But if you want to look absolutely terrible in PJs all day… you can. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
69. Your exes call more.
70. Your friends call more. THANK THE LORD.
71. Guys come out of the woodwork. (Seriously, men everywhere.)
72. You realize how many other fish there really are in the sea.
73. Your exes flaws look so much bigger when you meet more people.
74. You can flirt with a cute guy in church.
75. You can drink coffee at night…
76. … because you’ll actually go out and do something
77. YOU’RE A FUN PERSON AGAIN.
78. You don’t have to be in the presence of a negative boring person.
79. You don’t have to be a punching bag anymore.
80. Shop without being judged.
81. Eat cake without being judged.
82. Live without being judged.
83. Date. Date. Date. Oh hey, more dates.
84. Everyone will tell you how they really felt about your ex.
85. No password necessary on the phone.
86. Changing all your passwords never felt so good.
87. Holidays don’t have to be split between his family and yours.
88. You can eat the leftovers because they aren’t bad yet, for the love of God.
89. You control your Netflix decisions.
90. Alanis Morissette can be your new BFF.
91. You don’t have to pretend to like golf… or tennis… or soccer. IT’S SO BORING, and I’m not sorry.
92. You can take as long as you want to get ready without being nagged about it.
93. Music festivals are fun! Now you don’t have a ball & chain holding you back.
94. You can wink back at boys.
95. Bachelorette parties just got a lot more exciting!
96. You enjoy your break-up with ESPN almost as much as your actual break-up.
97. If you got a puppy on a complete whim… nobody would think twice about it.
98. You get to finish a chapter in your life and start a new one.
99. Honestly, you can do whatever the heck you want.
100. You’re one step closer to your happily ever after.
This is exactly what I needed to hear just getting recently broken up with! 96 is SPOT ON 😉
This is actually the greatest thing ever and every girl who has ever gone through a breakup needs to read it asap!
My boyfriend of 2 years just broke up with me and I think I really needed this