Where has the summer gone? It feels like just yesterday I was praying for hot summer days, and now I’m packing up my bikinis & sundresses and trading them in for scarves & over-sized sweaters. Although it’s sad to say goodbye to all the warmth and sunshine, it’s exciting to say hello to the best seasons of all… Fall. Let me tell you why:
1. COLLEGE FOOTBALL. COLLEGE FOOTBALL. COLLEGE FOOTBALL.
2. NFL can tag along too.
3. The days are not too hot, and the nights are not too cold.
4. Shopping for new boots is a treasure hunt, but when you finally find the perfect pair it’s heaven.
5. Because everything is better in a cozy over-sized sweater.
6. Pumpkin Spice Lattes become a thing again.
7. Actually, pumpkin flavored everything becomes a thing again!
8. Speaking of spices…SPICES. Cinnamon sprinkles your life.
9. Um, Thanks-frikken-giving! Pass the gravy please.
10. Buying game-day clothes is pretty much my favorite pastime.
11. Hearing “Oh my goodness, where did you buy that?” at tailgates is also very rewarding.
12. Fall weather = perfect hair days.
13. You can go outside and not die from a heat stroke.
14. If you still want to go to the beach in November, you can do that in the South… and it feels amazing.
15. SO. MANY. SCARVES.
16. If you’re in college you get your hyperactive social life back.
17. Outdoor concerts and festivals just became a whole lot more enjoyable thanks to the cooler weather.
18. Cooler weather gives you an excuse to get closer to the guy next to you, because you’re “freezing.”
19. Tailgating is the only acceptable way to spend your Saturdays.
20. Day-drinking becomes socially acceptable, thanks to football.
21. Women who like football get bigger diamonds. *wink*
22. Everybody loves a good bonfire.
23. You can wear leggings as pants and it’s socially acceptable.
24. Pumpkin carving. (This is a sport in my world)
25. Humidity becomes a thing of the past, and you no longer feel like you’re walking in a sauna… until Spring of course.
26. Little nuggets trick-or-treating is the cutest thing ever.
27. Pumpkin patch dates are the best.
28. LAYERS, LAYERS, AND MORE LAYERS.
29. Sliding on the floor in your socks after you take your boots off.
30. Fall scented candles. (Ex: Autumn Leaves, Apple Pie, Pumpkin Patch) Can I get an amen?
31. ….Christmas music starts to emerge.
32. Baking is back in style.
33. Taylor Swift releases a new album every two years during the Fall.
34. Fall weddings are the best weddings.
35. Apple picking in the North is lovely.
36. Stepping on crunchy leaves is fun.
37. No one knows if you haven’t shaved your legs for a few days… or weeks?
38. Bloated? No one will ever know because… LAYERS.
39. Because it’s cute and chivalrous when a man offers you his jacket.
40. The leaves changing is absolutely gorgeous.
41. If you’re not as tan as everyone else, no one is judging you.
42. Spending the night in, cuddled up in front of the fire with hot chocolate is perfect.
43. Cuddling in general is just better in the Fall.
44. Flannel everything.
45. Black Friday shopping is exhilarating.
46. Hot coffee is so much more enjoyable when there’s cooler weather.
47. Candy Corn lovers unite!
48. I can’t be the only one obsessed with CINNAMON STICK BROOMS, right?
49. You can wear those darker color clothes that you’ve been hiding all summer.
50. Can I get a hallelujah for the men who participate in no shave November and actually pull off the scruff? Drool.